CHALLENGE: Are you REALLY ready to answer interview questions?
Marketing Manager & Friends of the Firm Ambassador at EisnerAmper LLP
We all know the basic interview tips - dress professionally, have a strong handshake, find commonality with your interviewer, yadda, yadda, yadda.
But are you REALLY ready to answer the questions hiring managers may ask you? I recently challenged myself to see how well I could answer interview questions on the fly, and the answer was pretty dismal. So, I thought it might be helpful to share some of the most common interview questions in the finance and accounting industry. Challenge yourself and see how well you do. (Hopefully it's better than me!)
• Why should we hire you?
• Why do you want to work here?
• Where do you see yourself in five years?
• Are you willing to travel overnight? If so, what percentage?
• What did you like best and least in your most recent job?
• Provide an example of a difficult situation you faced w/your boss or on the job and how
you resolved it.
• How do you like to be managed?
• Why are you interested in this position?
• What are your significant accomplishments in your career?
• What do you have to offer us for this position?
• What are your salary requirements?
• What computer software and systems are you familiar with?